Tuesday, July 24, 2012

♫"Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine"...sings♫

Once again, I have been savoring all of my summer time and not getting on my blog...let's see it has been since February since I have written...wow! Well, a lot has happened and along with events there were some crafts and I have some fun photos but this writing today is going to be about SUMMER.... I live in a small town, a tourist gem, we have wonderful lighthouses, a huge beautiful beach, a state park with many amenities to offer, shops, restaurants, live entertainment, kid's events, a library that is a second home to our family, a simple ice cream shop around the corner of our house and so much more. What is delightful this year, is my time, the time I spend enjoying all of Ludington and all it has to offer. This year my eyes were a little more open as I watched the parade, not that they weren't the other years but I actually took it all in, I can remember almost all the different groups and people that walked, rode or entertained us at this 2-3 hour event...hmm, I lost track of time that day...I watched with my eyes really open.

My days at the beach, I sit and watch the kids play, I frolick in the waves or take a dip to cool off but my eyes are really open this year. I take in the beauty of the lake, in fact, it takes my breath away..not that I didn't see it before, I see it differently this year. I smell the air, the wind feels refreshing, sand doesn't drive me crazy like years past. I lose track of time and end up being there 4-5 hours and I love it...nothing is different in Ludington but something is different in me...

Perhaps, like I said I would in my New Year's resolutions, I have stopped to smell the roses again..Perhaps it's the good company of being with friends, old and new, laughing, smiling...feeling like I can breath again.Whatever it is, I like it, I like this summer even with it's 90 plus days I find glory, joy, laughter and fun. When it's too hot I stay indoors and have accomplished so many things that I wanted to get done and I feel soooo happy about that. Proud. The heat has taken a toll on my flowers, grass and landscaping but I still sit on my porch, my sanctuary and let my mind go...

Just something about the Summer Breeze this year.....smiling.

No comments: