Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sacrifices, obstacles and my wonderful children

Life again has thrown a loop at me...I injured my back about two weeks ago, it got better and somehow now, is worse than before...If it isn't one thing, it's another...It's been awhile since I have written, so many things have been going on between my daughter's first birthday to family visiting, to my children getting sick to my back injury and so life goes on and time goes by and I forget all about my little blog...smiling.

I quit kickboxing because of scheduling conflicts but I found a kickboxing DVD and it is pretty good...It's not as challenging as my instructor was but it will do for now...Exercise has been on the back burner the last three weeks and somehow I am just struggling to get motivated again...On top of that, chocolate is all around me since trick-or-treating and my hand is in the candy CONSTANTLY...hehhee...

I decided that first off I need to get my back better before anything else and then I can jump in again full swing exercising...Second, in the last three weeks I have enjoyed my kids so much...Hayden is just advancing further and further, he did a math problem the other day and now he keeps telling me what letter words start with and they aren't words he is looking at, they are in his brain and he gets them correct every time. I got to go to his pumpkin party at school and volunteer and I must say, that was really a fun time. I enjoyed that so much and so I decided to volunteer some more with the entire school...I signed up for evening activities, helping with fundraising, the end of the year picnic and the book fair...

I'm going to start babysitting a boy Hayden's age, who is also in his class, twice a week...I already had him over once and those two got along so well, I was so pleased to see that. The boy's mom also invited me to join her Pokino group...It's like Bingo and they get together once a month and have a lot of fun so I'm excited about that...I'm planning a cookie exchange also in December, I always wanted to go to one so I decided I'm having one...Next up, is making apple pies...I have a ton of apples and I like to make them and give them away to our neighbors and family.

Everyone who knows me knows I like to help others and this week I found out about a program where I can adopt a senior citizen and give them a Christmas gift so I have to call on Monday and then go pick up my ornament which has the name of the person and all the info I need...I just love things like that...I'm hoping to donate Christmas cards again to the soldiers, I didn't get to do that last year but I did get to send a soldier a gift...As long as I get to do something, it is extremely important to me...

I went through the kids toys and we started our box to give to the women's shelter, I'm very excited about that too...It brings me great joy to give to others and to teach my children to do the same...I know in time, they will get the same joy as me...

Hayden has conferences coming up and I'm anxious to hear about him, even though I ask everyday at school...hehehe...He's such a great kid and I'm so proud of him...Vanessa is my angel girl whom still gets so much attention...I still hear every time I take her somewhere how I should put her in commercials...It's so funny but honestly I would love to, I just have to figure out how I do that...

So, in closing I have endured some obstacles lately and made some sacrifices but through that I got to spend more time with my wonderful children and that means more to me than anything in the world...Tomorrow, daddy is taking Hayden to see the Bee movie and the joy in Hayden's eyes is enough to bring tears to both of our eyes...smiling.

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

You have so many wonderful things going on (with exception of the back injury) that you have no reason to feel down. :) Life is great enjoy!