Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Trying to stay positive

All I can say is UUUGGHH! My week has literally been nothing but uugghh...I ended up having to take Hayden to the ER Sunday night and he got a breathing treatment and shot in his leg for Croup...Waited two days and took him to see his regular pediatrician and she said he was on the upside of it only to have him come home and bark and cough all night long..I think last night I was up until 4:30 a.m. because of his coughing and I mean it sounds like a lung is coming out...I just feel so bad for him and he is all out of sorts...Not only is he moody, pouting, angry and sad but he's bored and can be mean and not listening...oh the list goes on...He just is sick and my patience is thin and his patience is thin...

At school today Miss Larson said he wasn't listening a couple of times but she did say several kids were that way and all of them are battling Croup...So, needless to say, that p*ssed me off, even though I was trying to be sympathetic...I took him home and he knew I was mad and he did everything in his power to make things better, he was behaving very well, like he normally does...It was a relief since I thought I was going to have another rough day with him...On top of that, my little Vanessa has an ear infection...

So, tonight already I had to take Hayden outside at 10:30 p.m. to get some cold air in him to help his cough and it did help but I hear him upstairs as I type this...I turned on his air conditioner to get his room cooler...We have tried a vaporizer, steam shower and cough medicine...It all only works temporarily...I'm really not complaining although I want to scream because I have gotten absolutely zero workouts in and I'm frustrated and feel like crap because of it...I'm also just too darn tired to attempt exercise right now...I'm only up right now because I'm trying to see how he does once his room cools down...

I haven't been eating the greatest either...We had a friend over for dinner and I'm one of those people who go all out when I have company so we had BBQ chicken, potatoes, salad, biscuits and pumpkin pie. Now, here is the thing, there are several pumpkin pies in our freezer from last year when my husband gave them away to clients and these were left over...They are Sara Lee brand and I thought let's make one for this nice dinner...I've been having a piece every night ever since....sighs...smiling. I wouldn't have ordered dessert at my book club meeting, on Sunday, had I known I would have dessert every night this week...hehehe

Then the crock pot has come out and scrumptious, hearty, family meals with lots of comfort in their titles have taken over my kitchen...hehehe...Here we go, it's the season for me to become a major cook along with baker, dessert maker and entertainer! What does that spell...calories, calories, calories! I'm feeling the stress of trying to fit in exercise and I know it's just one of those weeks but it seems EVERY week has been something...I'm really trying to stay positive...deep breath...

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Hang in there. You have a lot on your plate right now (no pun intended). With Hayden and Vanessa being under the weather it's hard to not stress out.

I wouldn't worry about your workouts this week. It's just adding stress to you right now and you don't need that right now. One day at a time. You'll get where you want to be just be patient.

I know what you mean about the cooking/baking. I baked cookies this week. I really didn't need to do that! :) So I am in the same boat you are in. Here's to some of those unnecessary calories! lol