Friday, October 5, 2007

Making the best of it

Changes in our life sometimes can lead us to have to re-think our game plan...I'm having that happen right now...I have been so focused on what was going to be my strict exercise regimen, only to learn that things have to change. Not necessarily for worse but just different. Kickboxing has to stop for now and I'm seriously bummed about it but truth be told, it's very expensive. Unfortunately, there are other more important things in our life that have to take a front seat and one of which is Hayden's school along with saving to build our house.

Luckily, I still get to swim and I have my treadmill...Now, I just have to make the serious effort to get on my treadmill and actually block out time for it like I would kickboxing. I also thought, well, I might as well jazz up things a bit since soon I will be forced to exercise most of the time indoors, so, I bought a DVD that is going to teach me to Hula. It's supposed to be a great ab and bun workout and I thought why not? I will learn the seven basic Hula steps...How cool!!

I also decided I have a couple really good DVD exercise videos that I really need to use...I bought them so it's time to use them...One is dancing called Zumba and it is very much like Salsa, just real fun dancing and then I also have a Belly dance tape that is also really good...That gives me a couple different things to do for exercise and since I LOVE to dance, should be great...Oh, I also have Hip Hop Abs...Now that is a workout and the really cool thing about it is, they include hip hop moves to use when going to a night club...Not that I'm going clubbing anytime soon but I never had a hip hop dance class that taught moves from today...The last class I did was in college and it was more Madonna type dancing...

So, we pretty much got everything we needed to get done in the yard and landscaping...I have three plants to plant today and then we just have to put a border in one area and fill with mulch and we are done. Yesterday afternoon, Hayden and I raked the entire yard, it was just filled with tons of sticks and leaves from that wind storm we had Monday night...It looks good again and of course, I wasn't being completely thorough about it since we will have more leaves in no time soon...I mostly just wanted to rake to get the ground ready for seed and remove all those sticks...

Anyways, my arms were burning and I was sweating so it felt like a workout...I'm counting it as one...I'm making the best of exercise with what I got..smiling. No more griping about what I can't do, it's time to concentrate on what I can do. I'll let you know how my new game plan plays out!

No comments: