Monday, April 28, 2008

Helping Me From the Inside Out

It has been awhile since I have been on my blog and mostly it is because I have been very busy with the kids. I'm really enjoying the nice weather and riding bikes with Hayden. Now, of course, the weather has changed and it is freezing outside again so we have done some indoor activities these last few days. I've also been on a mission doing spring cleaning, my house is getting cleaned and organized room by room. I finally finished our bedroom last night and it looks fantastic!

We will have this house on the market by June. We are determined to have it ready. I'm so anxious to get my garden started and Hayden will have his own this year, he has made plans already for making salsa to give to the neighbors. I started some seeds but I really can't wait to get some plants. So, house stuff and kid stuff has kept me so busy sometimes my head is spinning and I decided I needed to work on some things with me. I am starting a book study called Scale Down and it comes with a workbook, this will be my summer project for myself.

I also am looking into starting a chapter in my area from a group called MothersandMore. I'm so anxious to get the info and see if it is something I can get off the ground. I also start singing at church on May 11th. We had some setbacks getting me started but now its a go. Lastly, I am looking for a bible study group, I know of a couple and I really want to join one. Church has really become a big focal point in our lives and we are starting to get very involved so I'm excited about that. My hubby joined one that started today. He's looking forward to going every Monday.

I also will be starting my volunteer work very soon, I sent my application into the art league and after volunteering 8 times, I will become a member. I also talked and met the owners of Red Door Gallery here in our hometown and they take any artwork and display it for sale...I am SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! I have some pieces I would love to sell and have on display. They will be also contacting me when they have a ceramics class, which I have always wanted to learn.

I'm also anxious to get Hayden doing his summer reading program, I have already started homeschooling him and will do so all summer. He's enjoying it and I have made it very classroom-like so we get a lot done. I only spend an hour with him because it is a full hour of school work and it isn't play time. I am going to incorporate a second language while I'm at it and he will hopefully learn some French and I will too....hehehe.

So, in closing, I am having a ton of fun with the kids, I am so busy that I stopped thinking about my weight. I don't have time to exercise but I am getting lots of exercise if that makes sense. Our friend is opening her inground pool this year and I can go at anytime so that should be an added benefit all summer....smiling. With all the fun and getting the house ready for selling, I'm focusing on me on the inside, my spirituality, my talents and my mind and it is reshaping my life and my attitude. It's going to be a great summer...but if you can't get a hold of me, you know what all I am doing.

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Wow, that sounds cool! You're busy as usual but it sounds like you're having lots of fun in the process. Enjoy and good for you!