Saturday, June 9, 2007

Kickboxing Rocks!!

Thursday was unbelievable!! Kickboxing class was absolutely the hardest ever!! She made us do double and triple time on most things because we started the class 6 minutes late. Then the Ludington Daily News was there doing an article on our class and an intern did the class with us and documented our comments and her photographer snapped photos of us during the entire class. So, that ended up being really interesting.

Needless to say, the last 20 minutes of class are ab work and she really kicked our butts! The intern said she didn't know what to expect but this class is really hard. She took a yoga class in town and liked it so much she signed up. I'm not sure she is signing up for kickboxing. We were all sweating out of pores we didn't know we could sweat out of...hehehe...It was crazy, insane, hot as heck and felt darn good afterwards so I guess that is all that mattered.

I had a puddle, literally a puddle, of sweat between my breasts, the sweat was burning my eyes, I had to stop the flow of sweat...(yes I mean flow!!) my arms were bright red, everything burned like fire, my hair was so wet it looked like I took a shower...I came home, my hubby took one look at me and was like, holy cow!!!...He said, WOW, you look exhausted!...I showed him some of the moves we had to do and he couldn't believe it...

One of the most exhausting parts was we had to punch and kick our bag for 3 minutes straight as fast as we could, using the techniques we have learned and you have to constantly move around the bag and if we stopped or slowed down, she would tack on more time to the whole class..It's sounds like 3 minutes isn't long but let me tell you, it is hard as hell, but I did it... barely...The good news is it felt like I had burned 3000 calories!...hehehe...I wish, but I probably burned away everything I had eaten that day and more...Not just from that one exercise, but from the whole hour of class..

To sum it up, I did a kickboxing match literally with a 150 pound bag and beat the crap out of it!...smiling big! Yea for me!!!...Kickboxing rocks!!!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Way to beat the bag...literally! :) Glad you are having an awesome time doing it too. Keep up the great work. It shows!