Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Disappointment is no fun but...life is still good

Well, we didn't win anything at our singing competition and it really sucked but the good news is some of my stage fright has gone away and that is most important. The way the competition was done didn't work very well and needless to say, out of 180 people, at least 50 were kids and they voted for all the comedy acts and other kids performing so some of the winners were not exactly "real talent" but it is okay.

The broker who came up with the whole idea and set everything up was, to put it mildly, very upset about the votes...He apologized to me many times and thanked me for performing. We had just about everyone coming up to us saying they thought for sure we were going to win and of course, that made me more sad and I had to cry but I think I cried, not because we lost so much but because it took every nerve of mine to get up on the stage so it was a personal disappointment for me.

I believe they are doing another talent show in the future and doing it differently...It would have been better had they had categories or something because the top 3 prizes were very serious prizes. Other than that disappointment, we had a great time on Mackinac Island. Brian won some awards, I was so proud of him and we really had a great relaxing time. We walked miles and miles and rode bikes around the whole island which was 8 miles so I definately got lots of exercise and I really did not eat much so that was cool. We also met a wonderful young couple who are new with Edward Jones. They really were so much fun to hang out with.

Hopefully I can keep up with the exercise and eating less, all I know is I have been so hot these last two days and unfortunately that makes me nothing but tired...but we have some concerts coming up and that should be a great time, we also have a playdate on thursday and I get a facial on saturday...didn't I say life is still good! Smiling!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

good for you for even doing the talent contest! I'm sure you were awesome and think that if it were set up differently you would have won. Hold your head high girl you're great!!! :)