Monday, June 4, 2007

Rainy Mondays and Stuff

Rainy Mondays always make me tired....sighs...All I want to do is read and sit around and be lazy today but with two kids that is impossible...Life couldn't be much better actually..I have two great kids, a wonderful husband, a roof over my head and lots of love. What more could I possibly want right? Well, the fact that my blog name is babyjellybelly should tell you something...laughing!

Yes, the biggest pouch you ever saw sits on my gut from my two beautiful children...smiling big! I'm slowly working into having the unbelievable will power and drive, my sister-in-law has, to exercise my brains out. She is amazing and inspiring truly. I guess my approach is a little slower because honestly, I am eating up every second of my youngest child being a baby since I won't be having anymore and that makes life pretty much stop...

I enjoy our moments sitting on the floor or a blanket outside watching her big brother and in the end I'm not getting much exercise but I'm able to write in her journal all the wonderful small memories we are already creating. So life has taken me to a little bit slower pace at this time but what a joy watching and playing with my kids is everyday. I figure if the weight has to slowly come off for now, that is fine. What if I'm not here in a week, what would I want the last thing I had done to be? Sitting with my kids and playing.

So as envious as I can get about others exercise and weight loss, maybe someone somewhere is envious of me and the time I spend with my children. My day will come where I can focus on me but as of now, it is my children because they grow so fast too quickly and I don't want to miss a thing. Just yesterday, I sat with my 7 month old and she was so involved in a book and I layed on the floor watching every move she made and watched her little brain spinning, her hands feeling every little inch of that book and her eyes amazed at the colors and patterns. That is my life right now. Last night, I listened to my 3 year old read me a book and what joy I have in knowing he is going to do so well this Fall when he starts preschool. Oh, how emotional I can also get on rainy Mondays. Smiling.

2 comments:

Flabulous Mom said...

I think that you are a great mom! And even though you're taking it slow, the weight loss is showing. I think the cardio-kickboxing you are doing is going to melt everything off in a matter of time! Keep up the great work!

JJ said...

Did you know that I love rainy days?
So does Phil.. we go everywhere when it rains..
and storms.. remember sitting on the porch and watching the rain and lightning?? and thunder..the louder the better..
Phil and I try to plan a weekend we think its gonna rain when we go to the Renassiance Faire.. I guess we are odd..
keep up that kickboxing..ur mom is very proud of you!! JJ