Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My Prayers and Joys

My little man, is in my prayers today...tomorrow, we venture to Ohio where we will meet his grandma and then thursday she will take him to Pennsylvania....so I had a little talk with God to keep all of us safe on our journeys, there will be a lot of traveling going on..Michigan to Ohio, Ohio to Pa...Pa to Virginia, Virginia to Pa...Michigan to California, California to Michigan and then a repeat of Michigan to Ohio and back...yikes!

So, as I put Hayden to bed, I thought of all the things still left to do and he asked if I would rub his belly and I said I'll come back later...I walked out of his room, did something for 5 minutes and went back in and yes, I sat right down next to him, rubbed his belly and showered him with so many kisses and hugs...He giggled in delight because he had his mom there by his side and I felt his delight all the way to my soul...I actually am crying as I type this...smiling...good tears...all good tears..He is my joy in these tears and basically, I'm weeping because I already miss him...smiling.

My darling daughter, is amazing to me also...she is such a peanut at times, a pork peanut...laughing...but stronger than I ever imagined....She has been sitting up on her own from belly to a sit up position for a couple weeks now but tonight she actually crawled backwards a few steps and then sat up...So Hayden and I were on the floor about two feet away encouraging her to get back on her hands and knees and crawl to us and she started to...We both were so excited, she got on her hands and got herself on her knees and moved one arm forward and one leg forward and it was soooo close and then she decided to go backwards again and sit up...I was soooooo proud! Hayden and I cheered and cheered and she smiled big and clapped her hands, it was hysterical!

I believe crawling is in the near future but it could still take awhile, she may be teasing us...smiling. It's funny how every child is different also because we are trying cups and she is not grasping the concept nor does she want to...She gets so mad and cries and turns her head and tightens her lips...I just chuckled today when I tried the cup...She did give it several tries before throwing her tantrum so I still cheered her on...She's just not ready yet and that is okay...I still have lots of time to get her off a bottle before her 1st birthday. She definately has GIRL attitude....hehehe. All I can do is laugh at it right now but give it another 14 years and I probably won't be laughing.

My children are such a joy for me and always in my prayers, I could never imagine life without them...in fact, I really don't remember much about my life before them...They make me whole and complete and I guess my blog today is celebrating them, although I celebrate them everyday!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Motherhood is always a celebration I think! It is such a blessing even though there are those moments that you could just pull every last hair out of your head in frustration. Your kids are so special, wonderful, and funny. You should be proud. You and B. have done a great job. And they grow so fast. Remember when you first held Hayden? It really wasn't that long ago. I remember when M. was first in my hands and how tiny and incredible he seemed. Now look almost 10 years later. Enjoy every moment! They are terrific!