Saturday, July 14, 2007

Relaxing Days

Well, my son is in Virginia Beach, having a great time and I am having a lot of down time...almost too much down time. Wow, when you only have one child around, it is much quieter. I wouldn't say I'm lazier but I'm able to sit down more and enjoy my moments with Vanessa AND my husband. Actually, Brian and I have been having some romantic dinners, last night we had steak and opened a bottle of wine. We have watched a movie the last two nights.

It's quite different not having our busy toddler. I went to some yard sales yesterday and this morning and today I found brand new children's books in mint condition and got 11 books for $6.00, what a steal. I just go for fun and only buy the very nice stuff. I'm super picky when it comes to yard sales. I also got some really nice Danskin workout clothes for me. I usually never buy clothes for me at yard sales but these were really nice.

We leave in 6 days for California and I am just so excited. We decided we have to go and find a vineyard and do some wine sampling one of the days while we are there...I'm looking forward to escaping Ludington and seeing someplace new. Sometimes I just get those urges to go and travel, thankfully we are able to do that. It will also make the time that Hayden is away go by faster...I do miss him...smiling.

I just got an email from one of his favorite music groups and they will be in Ohio and Illinois, it figures he is away and I can't take him. But for all of you that read these blogs and have little ones, this group is really a fun, entertaining group called "The Dirty Sock Funtime Band". Hayden and I LOVE them and dance, dance, dance when we hear them. They are a big hit with kids and you can see them on Noggin on Jack's Big Music Show. There are several really good music groups for kids on there. Two more are "The Laurie Berkner Band" and "Milkshake". He has two of Laurie's cd's and loves to listen to them.

I've been trying to get some walking in and I have but none of it has been for exercise...I found this past month to be so busy...these last couple days of not being busy, I haven't felt like exercising...I actually have felt pretty tired and it could be that all the craziness has caught up with me and I just needed some resting time... I know it feels good to have absolutely nothing on my schedule except a wax and haircut on Thursday...I know starting Monday though, I want to get some things around the house done before going away but it will be nice to just take my time and play with Vanessa in between. I can take her for some walks and to the playground. She just loves the baby swings and giggles away!

I also have a stack of things to read that have piled up for months..mostly magazines but some are for landscaping and gardening..I'm reading up on some different plants and plans and just want to get some ideas of what I want for our next home...Kind of future planning in case we decide to build our next home and even if we don't, we will be buying brand new so I'm cutting out some ideas. That is about all I can do as of now since I don't know what kind of land we will have but I have some neat how-to's that have come in the mail.

Keep in mind, this is stuff that I can't do on a normal basis, that is why the stacks piled up so if there is anytime to do it, it is now...Vanessa sits on the floor and plays for long periods of time so it makes it easy to do things like that and I can sit right next to her and do them. The same with my piles of photographs that need to be put in albums...hopefully I can also get that done while I have this down time. It's just things I put off due to being busy.

One thing I did get done is, I got the kid's journals up to date...I was a few months behind, usually I write in them every few weeks...I started journals with both kids when they were a couple months old and I will write in them until the day they get married and then I will give them to them or if they don't get married, I'll wait until they are ready for it. Something fun for them to look back on...I also have a couple of containers of stuff for scrap booking but lord knows I won't have time for that until they are in school full-time.

It's weird, I can have the house clean, laundry done, kids taken care of, outside all watered and good, etc...everything done and then I look around and all of a sudden there is things to go through, photos to be put away, magazines to be read,...laughing...it's silly, I think, oh I have nothing to do when in all reality there is ALWAYS something to do. So even on my relaxing days...I'm busy....smiling.

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

That's great that you have down time, one-on-one time with Vanessa, and Brian. I'm sure that it has been wonderful! It's amazing how different the house is when one child is gone for a while. Enjoy it! Before you know it he'll be back and things back to normal. A little repreive is always good.

I know what you mean about catching up. You think you got everything done but then it's on to the "other projects" that you always put off until the last. I'm sure that you will get lost done and still have lots of R&R time.