Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Everyday Journal Thoughts

Where to begin...well, Vanessa had her doctor's appointment today and she is 19 pounds and 28 inches long. She's growing beautifully and doing fantastic. She crawls MUCH faster now and is now pulling herself to a stand. She woke up with a runny nose and sneezing today so she is feeling a little under the weather but doing good.

Hayden is doing awesome as well, we went to the library today for about an hour and a half and he had so much fun...In the children's section, there is toys and such so he met some other children and played while I picked some new books for his reading program. Vanessa sat in her stroller the whole time just amazed at watching the kids.

Speaking of his reading program, two of the books he read were so good that I had to write them down for his Christmas list, one is a true story about a hippo and tortoise and the other is about America...Let me just say, he LOVED both of them but especially the one about America...It is such a great book, he learned the Pledge of Allegiance and I sang America the Beautiful to him and afterwards he said "Mom, that was GREAT!"

It has all about the fifty states and our flag, which he knows 5 states already...Hawaii, Alaska, Texas, Michigan and Pennsylvania. I just LOVE this book! It had so much more in it but it wasn't extremely hard for his age. I'm so glad he loves to read as much as me...I'm reading him 8 books at night and I finally have to say, okay, that's enough...We do reading and singing, we read the books and then sing 3 or 4 songs.

I was also looking at the library for audio books for Brian and I, we are going to listen to two on our way to Pennsylvania..They really have a good selection and they even have John Grisham, whom Brian just loves as an author.

Things have been mellow this week, which is so nice for a change, we were sort of home bound for two days while the van was in the shop but that gave me an excellant opportunity to get things done...I just let so many things go with all the hustle and bustle and I was so sick of it...Plus, I have some small projects I needed to start working on....

Brian and I finally filled out our passport applications, Brian is pretty sure he has the next trip so we are definately going someplace outside the country in March. We are looking at Italy but we are still deciding. I'm extremely EXCITED for that trip because there will be a lot of exploring and I'm going to definately try to get some great photography shots that I can use to build up my portfolio again...I said before I want to get my work into galleries again and this will really give me some opportunities to get some fantastic shots...

I finally exercised last night, I've just been too busy or too tired but I forced myself...I did arm exercises with 8 pound weights and Kelly Ripa's Alphabet routine, (I heard about it on Regis and Kelly) which gets you huffing...I did them while watching a Lifetime movie...hehehe...

Other than that, I'm getting orders for Tastefully Simple and I have 5 parties coming up so that is going to start getting real busy. I don't want too much more on my plate because September starts swimming and kickboxing and Hayden starts school and Karate and I may do a class with Vanessa at Kindermusic so that will be wayyyyy more than enough for me over the next couple of months.

I am still planning on starting a Women's Investment Club, Brian is getting the info for me and I just got some more info about it from another Edward Jones' spouse that started one a year ago...I know I have a wife of a well known doctor in town who is interested...keep your fingers crossed!...As far as my "secret" venture, it is a small catering company...a cupcake business to be exact and I'm still checking all the details...I would start from home with my own recipes and start by word of mouth but I may have to put that on the back burner right now because honestly I don't have time at this point...

It's either going to be a cupcake business or a non-profit organization that just takes donations and I would make a meal for families who just had a baby...I'm still working on all the details of what I even want to do and if I could do it out of my home and all that jazz...I really would love to own a little boutique in downtown Ludington and I could see my cupcakes taking off big time and then just volunteer at MOPS to do the meals...

There is a chef in town who does classes and I may sign up for a couple of those so I can pick her brain...She's really good and she own's Le Serving Spoon downtown but she started out catering...Then right down the road from Le Serving Spoon is The Red Door Gallery where my artwork/photography will be...YES!!!!...hehehehe....In time, in time...it all takes time, which right now is limited so I will slowly work on my ventures...Until then, life is great with the kids and we are on our way to the playground now, which will be our second time today...gotta love it!!!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Of course you are busy..You have 2 kids. :) Don't beat yourself up if you don't have time/motivation for everything you want to do. Your life is very full right now.

Good for you on your ventures. It sounds exciting for you! I could see your cupcake buis. taking off too. How fun would that be? You go girl!