Monday, August 27, 2007

Carefree days and changing seasons

I hopped on the scale only to my dismay, I have gained weight over summer and even though I want to complain, I'm not going to...These extra pounds have come from my carefree days, eating good...sometimes really good and enjoying life. I've traveled, I've spent most of my days playing with kids and doing fun activities all summer long.

Although, I think California is when it came on because I ate the most scrumptious, to die for food out there and didn't give a you know what about how many calories anything had and I savored every bite and enjoyed every morsel...so now I pay the consequence and like I said...I'm not even going to complain.

Our visit to the house for sale went okay...It's a very nice house but still for $269,000 was not perfect...not that we expected it to be immaculate but the things that we didn't like were some major things and for that price there shouldn't be major issues. Then yesterday we went and looked at a few more, even a spec house and even that one had things we didn't like.

So, we have pretty much decided we are probably going to end up building our own. We can pick and choose everything then and get everything that we want the way we want it. But, we are having fun looking at homes. Now, I told Brian, we should go and look at the $400,000 and up homes just for fun!!!...hehehe...There is one here on the lake for over a million dollars, how cool would it be to go and walk through that one!!!

This month has flown by and I feel Fall coming, which is just my favorite season... We actually did a bunch of yard work this weekend and I had a hugely successful yard sale. There is just something about Mums and knowing that Fall is around the corner and I have a bunch planted and they are so pretty. We still have a ton of tomatoes and have made three batches of salsa and given away even more to neighbors...It was a very plentiful year...

Now I have to work on my flower boxes even though, whatever it was I planted in them in Spring, is still very full and gorgeous and I'm not sure if I should even touch them and do you think I could remember what I planted?...Of course not...I knew the look I wanted, went and found plants that looked like they would do what I wanted and planted them...I never looked at their tags or anything.

Our yard is really coming together nicely, we really have been doing little things here and there and since I had a lot of carefree days this summer, I really took care of my flowers and plants...Now I'm itching to do some more, I don't have much more but enough to keep me busy in September.

We leave Wednesday for Pennsylvania, another road trip and we are really looking forward to it...just to get away again feels nice and I can't wait for everyone to see the kids. My little Vanessa is walking along furniture and standing more than crawling now. She really amazes me with how fast she is picking things up from Hayden.

Hayden is doing great also. I tried to get him on a soccer team but he has to be 4 years old...The coach wanted to let him join but insurance policies don't let them take on a 3 year old anymore...When I told them how good he is, they took my name and number and he is the first they are calling in Spring to join...I was excited about that...

Well, I guess soon my carefree days are ending, September brings A LOT of craziness...I've been preparing for it, well...maybe I haven't but I guess I just really enjoyed my summer as the weight gain is the sign of that but again...I'm not complaining...hehehe...I did, however, walk 2 1/2 miles tonight with a friend and we didn't take any kids and we walked fairly fast so it felt like a good workout...

I'm ready for the changing season...I get so much more energy in Fall...maybe it's the cooler weather..I'm ready to work off these extra pounds...I'm still NOT complaining!!...smiling big!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Don't stress out about the weight. These things happen especially when you have been so busy. I know that you'll get where you want to be in not time flat. The kids sound like they're doing really well. That's great. They grow so fast! Have fun house hunting! It's exciting to do that. Hope you guys find something you like.