Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer Reading Program and Zucchini

I am so excited for Hayden!!! He finished his reading program at the library and he got a gift certificate for Wendy's, a gift certifcate for Hungry Howie's, a gift certificate for Subway, two gift certificates for Coldstone Creamery and a new book...WOW!! Plus, he gets to go to a picnic this friday at a park here in town and gets a free lunch..I'm so proud of him!!! Oh, that's not all, plus he got 15 stickers! Way to go Hayden!!!!!!

The best part was when he had to pick out his new book, we walked over to the cart and the first two shelves were books for older kids, so then I saw the third shelf was more for his age so we sat on the floor and I dug around and pulled out about 6 that looked good, so he slowly said no as I asked him about each one..We get down to two and one was about a bear and cub but more factual with great illustrations and one was called " A Kiss Goodnight" (I think) Anyways, that book was about a mommy bear and cub and doing the whole night time routine, reading a book, tucking him in and giving kisses...

Well, ever since Hayden was born I have done this routine with him, we read a book or two or 8...hehehe, I rock him and sing songs and he sings, I tuck him in, sit at his side and rub his belly and we do a regular kiss, an eskimo kiss and a hug..Some of which happened a little later than just born...So, I show him the two books and I tell him what each one is about and he picked the one about a mama bear and baby and the whole bedtime routine..How perfect, since I did the reading program with him also! I was overjoyed!!

Then we went up and we checked out 11 more books...just because we are having so much fun reading and I swear we have read all his books more than a dozen times each...The kid is a book fanatic, which is great! Plus, I'm finding some really good ones to buy him down the road...

Well, I made 3 loaves of zucchini bread, which 1 loaf was for us and half is gone already because my kids devour it...hehehe...The other two loaves I gave to friends today...Tonight, Brian and I are making salsa and canning it so that should be fun...He wants to make some of his own because he wants it HOT! We have been eating so much zucchini we are going to turn into one...hehehe

Well, just wanted to say summer reading programs are AWESOME and I intend on having both kids do it next year! Can't wait! Have I been exercising?...Nope because I have been busy eating zucchini bread!...smiling big!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Cool thing the reading program! That's awesome that Hayden loves it. I know that all that time reading with him is so great. Just wait til Vanessa can pick out books too! What fun!