Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Mother's Love

Here I go again bragging about my kids but man, I am soooo proud of both of them! First my little Vanessa is a go getter, I wouldn't be surprised if she is walking in a month...She is a FAST learner and a determined little bug!...hehehe...She is crawling so fast now, I lose her if I turn my back for more than 30 seconds!

Today, she decided to check out the kitchen while I was loading up the dishwasher and she was climbing up the drawer knobs and of course opening and closing the drawers...She keeps doing all these little things too that just crack me up, like this morning she grabbed the hair brush that I brush her hair with and I turned away for a second and when I turned back, she was brushing the back of her hair! It was the cutest thing I had to call Brian at work...He said he thought he saw her do that also.

Then Brian was changing her diaper and he left the wipe box open, well she reached over and closed it and then clapped her hands....Too funny! I know they are just little things but so special to me because I enjoy watching her discover everything so much.

Now my big guy, my handsome boy...he is learning great things and I'm so proud of him...Twice this week at the playground he helped another child with something, one day a little girl dropped something and he picked it up for her and another time a boy lost his shoe and he gave it to the boy's dad. Our garden this year is amazing, we have tomatoes coming out of our ears and we have already shared with two neighbors well, he heard Brian say to me that we should give some more away and immediately jumped up and asked to carry the bag...

So, we go to another neighbor's house and he hands the lady the bag and he says "Now, these are Roma and Cherry Tomatoes" and points to them like he is teaching her and what a delight that was for me to watch...She thought it was so cute and really smart of him to know that...He beamed, he was so proud of himself. That was another delight for me.

For awhile now, I have been struggling with whether or not I want to go back to eating vegetarian and the only struggle I had is that with a family it is a hard thing to do...So, I decided, well, I will just start adding more vegetarian dishes, appetizers or whatever into my meals and Hayden LOVES everything I have tried so far...Zucchini bread, fried Zucchini, and to my amazement...red pepper hommus...I was estatic!!!

Next is grilled Zucchini and Squash mixed with olive oil, which will probably be my daughter's favorite. Her absolute favorite food is squash but I will say, she eats absolutely anything! Doesn't matter if it has chunks either, she is definately not a texture baby...She even loved spaghetti the other night...but I was estactic that Hayden liked Hommus since I have been on a Hommus kick since June! I just haven't tried it with him, well now I know I can and I am opening the door to my old vegetarian ways just slightly...it brings back a comfort for me...

So, my hairdresser gave me a bag full of zucchini, and I am soooo excited because it is my absolute favorite vegetable..Well, anyways, I am so proud of my kids, I really am, they are the greatest! I love them with every breath I take...tears!!!...smiling big!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

You have wonderfule kids! Be proud. And Enjoying the new things they are doing is wonderful. It's what makes parenting so special. Love to you all.