Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Apples of My Eyes...

It is a wonderful, absolutely wonderful thing to wake up to my son's hugs and kisses...That is how he wakes me every morning and I am so glad to have him home! He looks so handsome with his tan and sun bleached hair...sometimes I can't believe he is mine...If only I could look at myself the way I look at my children, maybe I would have better self-esteem.

Vanessa went and saw the plastic surgeon about her Hemo-somethings...Can never remember what they are called..I only know they are blood vessel tumors...Thank goodness she DOES NOT have to have them lasered off. The procedure sounded horrific and I felt myself literally becoming sick as the doctor talked about it. Not only would she have to have her eyes covered and her body held down but her parents, us, would have to wear glasses and masks and he would not do just one laser but multiple and they feel like rubber bands snapping you and that's not all...if she had to have it done, it would be done 12 times every 4 weeks! I about vomited!

Deep breath....sighs...I thank God every minute for this procedure to not have to be done...I honestly don't know if I could have handled it. The doctor said it is very horrifying for kids and I really appeciated his honesty. He was a great doctor, his judgement and ethics were really professional and I felt he told us exactly what was going to happen, if needed and what to expect..etc... He could have just said let's do it but he didn't...Instead, he is seeing her in 4 months to re-measure them and hopefully they continue to get smaller. (they have already gotten smaller)

So, with that the kids are great and we had a pool day yesterday...this heat I can't stand...It really makes me not feel like doing anything so as far as exercise, I have done nada...I was going to start kickboxing tonight but some things have come up and it looks like September will just be a much better month to start..I start on the 15th along with swimming...Hayden will also start back at Karate then, which will be nice because he starts school on September 5th and then we can just get into the groove of everything at once...

August consists of some more traveling, Brian wants to go to Chicago for a weekend and take the kids to the aquarium..There is also a zoo and a couple of other things kid related. Should be a good time and of course, we have our Pennsylvania trip..This month is slowing down but still busy enough for me. We may add a Michigan Adventure day yet but we will see how the rest of August plays out.

Here in Ludington, they have movies in the park every thursday night for kids and they have other activities also and it is all free so Hayden will be my date every week...This week is Happy Feet, which he already saw but before the movie is a Penguin dance...Next week, is Over the Hedge and the kids get to ride a choo choo train...Another week is Barnyard and they will have a petting zoo and another is Charlotte's Web and they will have pony rides. Should be a great time for him...What he will absolutely love is watching a movie outside...Kind of like our own mini drive-in theatre but without cars.

Now we have the whole family together again and I'm enjoying my days so much..Since Vanessa is crawling, Hayden has been having a lot of fun with her and she follows him everywhere, which sometimes annoys him and I laugh...hehhee...So it begins....the tattling has already started also..."Mom, Nessa is touching something"....I keep reminding him that I am the Mom...hehehe....The Apples of My Eyes....most definately!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Good to hear about Vanessa's appointment! I'm glad things went well and that she will hopefully not have to have the procedure done. It sounds terrible! Thank goodness for good doctors!

Makes me laugh to hear of Hayden tattling on Vanessa! Too funny! Just wait until they get a little older! When she has words under her belt it'll be two not one that's tattling. But oh what fun! Enjoy girl they are great kids! You should be proud!

August sounds like another busy month for you and your family. Summer's do tend to get that way don't they? The Chicago trip sounds great. I hope you guys have a lot of fun!

And by the way, you look great so don't get down on yourself! Exercise and a regular routine will come. Summer is just busy! So enjoy while it's here cause it's a short season and don't worry about the way you look so much. I'm telling you, you look wonderful!