Monday, September 24, 2007

Adding more exercise

Well, the novelty of swimming has worn off...it officially feels like exercise now...hehehe...I'm still doing 24 single laps (12 full) and that is fine for now...I figure maybe after a couple weeks and more stamina, I can build it up. I do still love it and there is just something about hopping in a pool at 6:00 a.m. that is soooo refreshing. I actually got there early today and was in the pool by 5:50 a.m., which to my amazement, when I arrived one lane was open..There definitely are some early birds at the pool.

I really felt tired this weekend and I knew that would happen with my first week of regular exercise, hopefully that will change with time and endurance. Kickboxing is insane and sometimes I think to myself, am I enjoying this torture?...hehehe...But, I honestly am enjoying it...I feel like I ran a marathon after class and there really isn't any other exercise that I can physically do that gives me that feeling.

I didn't get a chance to do my treadmill routine last week and hopefully this week I can get to doing it but the weird thing is, I had this routine I was going to do out of Shape magazine but then my friend gave me another one and it sounds more impressive...It's about getting you from couch potato to running a 5k in 2 months...I'm not sure I would ever run a 5k but the routine helps eliminate a lot of weight. The only thing is I have to do it 3 times a week for it to work the way it says which means I would have to do three exercises on one of my M-W-F, which I should be fine to do...I THINK!

Can you imagine?...uuuggghh...Guess I said I REALLY want this weight off...Adding more exercise is not going to be fun at first...hopefully I can make it a habit!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Wow, you rocK! Hats off to you being so motivated. I'm jealous! Your workout schedule would lay me up for a week at least! Seriously I think at the rate you are going you'll have the weight you want off and then some. Nice job there lady!