Monday, September 17, 2007

I really LOVE swimming!

I got up at 5:30 a.m. today and got ready and went to the pool to start my lap swimming. I got into the water about 6:10 and swam until 6:40...I did 12 full laps or 24 single laps, I am SO proud of myself and I feel great! I can feel it in my arms and that is real cool since my arms are so flabby...I signed up for six months and I am just so excited...I have been feeling sluggish and getting up that early gave me a different energy...

It was pretty busy because the girl's swim team was there practicing and I had to share a lane at first but eventually someone left and I had a lane to myself...I couldn't do the crawl stroke because I didn't have goggles and every time I tried, I gagged a little because I couldn't see and water would get in my mouth...it just wasn't working so I did side, breast and back stroke the whole time with a little crawl in between...

With probably at least 12 people swimming in this pool there was some movement and that is why it was hard...The pool is 75 feet long so that made it a nice long lap to swim...I ordered another swimsuit, one styled more for lap swimming so that will be nice also. I did notice everyone had goggles and could do the crawl with ease so I guess that is my next purchase, along with a swim cap.

Anyways, my goal is to work up to 40 laps in a half hour...my friend, that swims also, did 20 full laps today but she was doing crawl so that made it easier...I probably did more work than her with the other strokes so that is why I only did 12...I noticed that breast stroke is definitely a workout, which I did a lot of because I really wanted to work my arms...It's hard to swim laps doing breast stroke repeatedly and without stopping...I swam 30 minutes non-stop.

Like I said, I'm proud of myself and so happy because I really enjoy swimming...Now, tonight is kickboxing...talk about my arms getting a workout!...smiling big!

No comments: