Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Getting rid of clutter

And so it begins...my sudden urges to tear a closet apart and De-clutter! It all started with my day of cleaning and I mean all day...(the deep, nook and cranny cleaning) and having to remove too many things to dust my dresser and shelves above it...So, I threw away a bunch of things and moved some of the other clutter to another part of the house...hehhehe...Then once that was done, I went through my dresser drawers, I reorganized some clothes in my closet and then cleaned off my closet shelves.

So now the bug is in me...which means I have moved to another room and started to De-clutter that one and as I sit here in the computer room...I look at that closet and thoughts start to arise....hmmmm...what can I throw away?...hehhee...It's crazy, I get this way every couple of months and look out!! There is something about it that makes me feel good, I seriously, in the past, thought of starting an "organizing your house" job or a "planning your party" job...I LOVE to organize and reorganize and again reorganize...hehehe...Maybe it's an anal clean thing or a growing out of my house so let's throw things away to make it look bigger thing...Who knows, except when the urge comes...I dive right in.

Last night, I ran to the store for a few things, came back and tried to put some away in our pantry and something happened, next thing I know, everything is out and I was organizing. Brian just shakes his head at me because he knows I do this constantly. Which explains why my son is an organizer, he doesn't just put toys away, they have to go exactly where he got them. If he finds one thing long after he put toys away, he will dig out whatever it is that it goes in so that it is in the proper place before moving on to the next thing. It's too funny!

MOPS started today and I met my table of ladies that I am a leader of and it felt so good to be back at MOPS...I missed it all summer...The kids did excellent, Hayden made a cross and it says Jesus Loves Hayden...He's now in the 3-4 year old room which is nice because they do lots of crafts. Vanessa is now in the 1 year old room, which was great because it is just loaded with all kinds of age appropriate toys and they said she played the entire time up until 15 minutes before picking her up...she zonked out.

I cut 10 inches off my hair, again getting rid of clutter in a hair kind of way...smiling...It was really bothering me with tangles and dryness so I decided to cut it off, I found a bunch of pictures and took them to my hairdresser and tweaked them with my own ideas and we came up with a nice cut. I really like it. It feels so much better and I get so many compliments. On top of that, I knew I wanted to donate it if I had enough to cut and so my ponytail went to children with cancer. That just made me feel so good.

So, I am back to organizing and getting rid of clutter and feeling good and life is good. Now if only I could have more time in the day, life would be real good!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

I do the same thing sometimes. That need to de-clutter! I know exactly what you mean. So, happy de-cluttering! :) Sometimes it's a must! As for more hours in the day, when you figure out how to cram 36 hours into 24 let me know! :) Never enough.